Have you ever had your computer suddenly crash or shut down causing you to lose all of your important files and media? This type of frustrating data loss can be caused by attacks on your computer from a virus or malware, corrupted or damaged files, power outages, or other unforeseen system shutdowns.
Data recovery software can be a real lifesaver in the event that your computer experiences a system crash or hard drive failure. Here are the facts about EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard including actual trial results and customer reviews.
Nonetheless, we wanted to try this product out for ourselves and find out if it’s worth the money. As a prospective client, you should be well informed before making a purchase that can impact the recovery of a sudden and total loss of your data. Here is a comprehensive summary of our conclusions.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Main Features
🚄 Fast and Easy to Use
You don’t have to be very technical or computer savvy to use the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. The software takes just a few minutes to download and will start scanning your computer with just one click. It usually takes around 5 minutes for a quick scan of your C drive, depending on how many GB are being used, and most home computers can have all of their data thoroughly scanned in less than 10 hours. The number of files found and estimated remaining time to complete the scan are displayed at the bottom of the Recovery Wizard. The software instructions are also available in several different languages.
🗃️ Recovers many different file types
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard allows you to recover lots of different types of files including:
- Аlmost all document types and formats (.txt, .doc, .xltm, .pdf, etc);
It can also recover files that were accidentally deleted, and recover RAW partitions (when your system does not recognize a file structure and you can’t access stored data).
This software offers two modes for data recovery: a quick scan and an advanced scan. We ran the quick scan which allows you to find and restore any recently deleted files as well as identify if your file system has been corrupted by a virus. It finished in a couple of minutes. Then we tried the advanced scan, which can recover long lost data. It finished in a couple of hours. The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can even recover files from a hard drive that was re-formatted. This includes data stored on an SD card, memory card, USB flash drive, pen drive, solid-state drive, and hard disk drive. With the free trial, you can get up to 2 GB of data recovery.
🖥️ Compatible with lots of different operating systems
The EaseUS software can recover data from your laptop, personal computer, or an external or internal storage device. It is fully compatible with all Microsoft Windows operating system versions, including:
- Windows XP;
- Windows Vista;
- Windows 7;
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1;
- Windows 10;
- Windows Server 2000;
- Windows Server 2003;
- Windows Server 2008;
- Windows Server 2012;
- Windows Server 2016.
📂 Allows you to import an exported saved scan file
By allowing you to import previous scan results whenever you want to, you can prioritize which documents you want to retrieve first. There is an “Import Scan Status” button on the interface. All you need to do is import the desired results from a scan and save them to a folder on your computer. Then you can continue scanning the remaining files at a later time.
Ease US Software Data Recovery Process
During our free trial of this product, we were able to do an advanced scan of our computer’s C drive, which had 124 GB of space being used, in just under 30 minutes. You can also search by name for any specific file that you want to recover. When saving a lost file to your original drive, there is a warning message that pops up saying “Your data might be overwritten or lost permanently if you save files to original drive”.
To use the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, just download and open the software, select a device to scan, and wait for the results. Once the scan is completed, just hit the “Recover” button to restore your important files. As previously mentioned, there are two types of scans available: A quick scan that recovers deleted files, and an advanced scan that recovers lost files. After completing the advanced scan, we performed the quick scan and recovered 724 files in less than a minute. That was all of the file recovery available with the free trial of the product, but the process was quick and effective. The free version of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard allows you to recover up to 2GB of data.
Scanned files can easily be found by their type. This means that to quickly find a certain file, just use the toggle buttons to view missing files, and the file type is displayed. You can also filter the scan results to view just one particular file type by clicking on it, i.e. .jpg.
EaseUS Data Recovery Software Plans and Pricing
If after trying out the free version of the EaseUS Software you want to upgrade to the paid “Pro” version, there are three plans available. All purchase plans automatically re-new, and allow you to cancel at any time.
🪟 Windows software version
🍏 MacOS software version
Customer reviews of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
As a potential buyer, reading reviews from customers who have purchased the EaseUS software is a critical part of your purchasing decision. Here are some of the most common pros and cons reported from people who have tried out the EaseUS software.
- Easy to recover long lost images and video files.
- The EaseUS website has a lot of good documentation on how to use their software with answers on how to resolve specific problems.
- Fast and efficient. Clients reported the EaseUS Software recovering all of their lost files from an external HDD in around 2 hours.
- Mac users reported the software restored lost data time and time again without any harm being done to a corrupted system.
- The interface is simple to follow. The icons are clear, colorful, and easy to understand. It is easy to recover files from many different places including a laptop, PC, digital camera, hard disks, and SSD.
- Fully restored data after a laptop crash. The software was able to undelete hard drive files and restored over 250 MB of data including text files and images.
- Has a flexible data recovery process with a search function to locate particular files, and the ability to pause or stop the data scanning.
- Was able to restore a large number of lost files that were no longer in their original file folders.
- A bit expensive as compared to other data recovery software.
- The monthly price plan is not at all economical which means that you probably have to commit to using the software for a year or more.
- It can take a long period of time to recover large files.
- The software is easy to use but the user interface could be improved.
- The user interface can initially be challenging for beginners to understand.
- Language options are limited for non-English speaking users.
- Even though it can recover most data, some files are corrupted and cannot be scanned.
- It is missing some added features which are only available through separate EaseUS software packages. These features include the ability to clone your hard drive and create a USB or bootable disc when your computer won’t start.
FAQ’s about EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Conclusions and Verdict about the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Based on our own experience using the EaseUS recovery software, we would say that this is a good product from a reputable company. There are informational videos and tutorials on their website that help new users understand the software, making it quite easy even for a first-time user.
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is safe for your Windows or Mac computer, and it can scan and restore lost data in a reasonably short period of time. The Windows version of the software can retrieve corrupted files from a damaged drive or external storage unit.
The only knocks on this product are that the free trial offer provides for a very limited amount of data recovery, not every file type is recoverable, and the pricing plans can be somewhat expensive, especially if you don’t want to commit to using the software for a year or more.