In this article, we will present the five best Android data recovery tools for Mac computers. With these data recovery software tools, a user can recover lost or deleted data from their Android device from a desktop or laptop running the macOS operating system. Many Mac users prefer iOS devices such as iPhones, but there are also large numbers who use an Apple computer and Android mobile device. The tools we will review are exactly what these users need when they inadvertently delete important files or photos and want to get them back.
What is an Android data recovery on Mac solution?
The type of data recovery tools we will discuss are specialized software applications that run on your Mac. These software solutions work based on the method modern operating systems use when deleting data. When a file is deleted from your Android device, the logical link to it is destroyed but the physical data remains in storage. The space the item occupied is marked as available for future use by the OS.
Android data recovery tools for Mac repair the deleted logical links, making the file or folder available to the operating system and apps again. The software can only recover files that have not been overwritten by new data. Once an item is overwritten it cannot be retrieved with a software solution.
Features to Look for in macOS Android Recovery Software
Our selection criteria for Android recovery for Mac software considers multiple factors related to the functionality and usability of the selected tools. Here’s what we were looking at when we tested these Android photo recovery for Mac solutions.
|⚙️ macOS and Android OS support||We verify which OS versions are supported by the recovery tool.|
|🤓 Ease-of-use||Can the tool be used by a user with limited computer expertise?|
|📱 Storage device compatibility||Which types of storage devices are supported by the recovery tool?|
|💡 Additional features||Features range from none to a full suite of data management tools.|
|💰 Price||How much will the tool cost?|
Top Five Best Tools for Android Data Recovery on Mac
Now, let’s take a look at five of the best Android recovery for Mac tools currently on the market.
Disk Drill for Mac is a versatile data recovery tool that can recover lost and deleted files from your Android phone or tablet as well as virtually any disk-based storage device. The tool has an intuitive interface that takes the stress out of data recovery. It’s an all-purpose data recovery solution that works great with your Android mobile device.
- ⚙️ OS Support: Disk Drill supports the newest version of macOS and is compatible with any Android device that can be rooted.
- 🤓 Ease-of-use: This tool is very easy to use. A three-click recovery process lets anyone recover their lost files without any specialized data recovery knowledge. The tool’s intuitive interface presents all features in a single pane so they can be easily accessed.
- 📱 Storage device compatibility: Disk Drill is compatible with any disk-based storage device. You can recover lost data from SD cards, external hard drives, flash drives, and more.
- 💡 Additional features: Disk Drill comes with an extensive suite of data protection and management tools that are all available in the tool’s free trial version. The tools give you the ability to create byte-level backups, find duplicates, clean up your hard drive, erase free space, and define specific files or folders for one-click recovery.
- 💰 Price: The Pro version costs $89. Disk Drill for Mac can be downloaded as a free trial that will show you which files can be recovered and includes many free features.
FoneLab Android Data Recovery is a dedicated tool specifically designed to retrieve lost files from Android devices. It is not as flexible as other data recovery tools that also support restoring information on other types of storage devices.
- ⚙️ OS Support: FoneLab supports all versions of macOS after 10.7 and Android devices running 4.0 or higher levels of the mobile OS.
- 🤓 Ease-of-use: The tool is easy to use. Just download the tool, connect your Android, and let the software scan your device for recoverable files. You can preview the found files and choose those you want to restore.
- 📱 Storage device compatibility: This tool can recover lost files from your Android’s internal storage as well as SD or SIM cards.
- 💡 Additional features: FoneLab provides users with the ability to backup and restore an Android device. It can also fix some abnormal problems with your Android and extract data from a broken device.
- 💰 Price: $44.76. The free version lets you scan your Android to find recoverable files. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
iMobie Phone Rescue is specifically designed to recover data from an Android device. It can recover any type of file resident on your Android and will find lost items even if your device has not been rooted. The tool restores data directly to the phone, eliminating the need for an additional storage device.
- ⚙️ OS Support: iMobie supports all versions of the macOS and Android operating systems.
- 🤓 Ease-of-use: A few clicks are all that’s needed to recover data from your Android. Retrieving lost information is fast and easy with this Android data recovery tool for Mac.
- 📱 Storage device compatibility: This Android recovery for Mac tool supports recovery from an Android’s internal storage as well as additional memory or storage cards.
- 💡 Additional features: The tool recovers WhatsApp data and attachments. It does not provide much in the way of additional tools and concentrates exclusively on recovering Android data.
- 💰 Price: $59.99 for a lifetime license. Download the tool for free to test it out and see what files can be recovered. A 60-day money-back guarantee is offered.
Tenorshare UltData for Android lets you recover lost files and photos without rooting your device. It’s a dedicated Android recovery tool that does not have the flexibility of some more versatile solutions. It performs well, with fast recovery in read-only mode to protect information still on the device.
- ⚙️ OS Support: Tenorshare supports Macs running macOS 10.10 or later and virtually all Android devices on the market running version 5 or later of the OS.
- 🤓 Ease-of-use: The tool is very easy to use and employs a three-step recovery process. Just connect your device, select a file type to recover, and make your selections from the found files.
- 📱 Storage device compatibility: UltData for Mac supports recovering data from your Android device and any attached storage card.
- 💡 Additional features: The tool offers WeChat Recovery and Google Drive Data Restore, but only when run on a Windows machine, not your Mac. A photo enhancement feature increases the resolution when using this Android photo recovery for Mac solution.
- 💰 Price: $59.99 for a lifetime license. The free download lets you identify recoverable files. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
FonePaw Android Data Recovery is a specialized Android recovery tool that requires no technical skills from the user. Just connect your Android to your Mac and the program scans over 1000 files per second.
- ⚙️ OS Support: Systems running macOS 10.10 or later are supported as are Android devices running version 5 through 12 of the OS.
- 🤓 Ease-of-use: A simple three-step process is used to recover your data. Just launch the program, connect your Android, and preview your recoverable files. Then select those you want to retrieve and you’re done.
- 📱 Storage device compatibility: FonePaw has three recovery modes that address your Android’s internal storage, an SD card, or a connected SIM card.
- 💡 Additional features: The tool provides quick and deep scans to uncover all of the lost data hidden on your Android. You can filter files to selectively recover only the data you want.
- 💰 Price: $62.96 for a lifetime license. The free download lets you preview the files that can be recovered with the tool.
Losing important data from your Android device does not need to be a devastating event. By taking the simple precaution of stopping the use of the device when data loss is discovered, you stand a very good chance of recovering the lost files with a software solution. With the tools we have reviewed like Disk Drill, anyone can perform Android data recovery on Mac and retrieve their precious information. Just remember to stop using your device until you have completed recovery to avoid overwriting important data and you should be good to go!